"Let food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be your food." Hipocrates
White Crow Ranch SLV is home to our small organic farm in Fort Garland,CO and Short Oak Studios and Wyrd Wood Works reside in the Western hills of Walsenburg, CO.
We produce one of a kind usable wood creations and visual art.
And in the growing season, organic produce,free range eggs and honey.
- Meet the flock
- Deep winter beddingDeep compost bedding for chickens is so far one of the most efficient ways to keep a flock warm and comfortable over cold winters. For the sake of ease I will refer […]
- Wintering BeesWintering bees is always a challenge, but isn’t rocket science! Bees are originally from warm climates but have adapted to live even in the coldest of places, like Southern Colorado! Most large […]
- Let nature do the rest.Fall is when the great Mother settles for her time of rest over the long cold of winter. Soil regenerates and the worms sleep. We don’t pull up the stocks of any […]
- BEES 🐝!!!I installed my first package of bees back in May! I’ve got a funny little Hive made by Summer Hawk. It is cute, and smaller than the standard Langsworth. (Smaller by 2 […]
- Expanding the beds.
- Yogi Bear is a jerk, and so is Boo Boo.Most humans will rarely encounter a bear. And that is a good thing. Here in the southern Colorado Rockies we have the Native Black bear. Now don’t be fooled by the coloration […]
- There be Bears…Life in the mountains is serene, a disconnection from the over modernization of our world. Clean air, blue skies and open land… comes with a price.
- End of the season.Sunday was our last day for the summer market in Blanca. The hard chargers who braved the new market from the beginning stood with the wind and the fall sunshine on the […]
- Colorado ProudWCRSLV joined the Proud list of Colorado businesses producing goods right here in the Rocky Mountain States!